This 2012 4th edition publication presents the science on the health benefits associated with select nutritional supplements, and finds that consistent and adequate use of these products contributes to overall health and wellness throughout all age groups, lifestyles, and life stages. Read more in CRN's press release.
Download individual chapters:
- Introductory pages: About the Author, Introduction by
CRN President Steve Mister, Definintions and Abbreviations
- Executive Summary
- Who Needs Dietary Supplements? Almost Everyone.
- Who Recommends Dietary Supplements?
- Who Uses Dietary Supplements? Most People Do.
- What Do Essential Nutrients Actually Do?
- Nutritional Supplements and Mortality
- Calcium and Vitamin D for the Bones
- Folic Acid Protects Against Some Birth Defects
- Supporting Healthy Pregnancies and Healthy Children
- Supporting Healthy Aging
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention:
Philosophy, Observation, and Clinical Trials
- Antioxidants and Cancer
- Antioxidants and Heart Disease
- B Vitamins and Cardiovascular Disease
- Benefits of Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA
- Benefits of Increased Fiber Intake
- Closing pages: About CRN