Updated data now available—learn about our 2021 survey.
Read topline results from 2020 in CRN's press release: CRN Survey Reveals Focus on Vitamins and Minerals.
Get insights about what matters most: our consumer
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have all witnessed the booming sales data, the empty shelves, and the out of stocks coming from the supplement aisle. However, there is more to discover about the attitudes and behaviors of the supplement consumer throughout the health crisis. Restricted access, less disposable income and sustained changes in lifestyle behaviors continue to affect household purchasing habits of Americans across the country—including dietary supplements.
CRN’s COVID-19 and 2020 surveys reveal insights into changes in supplement usage throughout the pandemic and overall usage of supplements over the past year. While the COVID-19 survey demonstrates a subset of supplement users have increased their supplement routine, 2020 data reveals that the overall usage among Americans is slightly down from previous years. Do not miss the opportunity to access these critical resources to gain insight about the supplement consumer and navigate usage trends throughout the pandemic.
Contact Gretchen Powers with questions.
About the 2020 CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary supplements
For over two decades, the CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements has served as the leading source for data on the attitudes and behaviors of the dietary supplement consumer. Invest today and learn:
- Usage of specific dietary supplements within the categories of vitamins & minerals, herbals & botanicals, specialty supplements (e.g., probiotics and prebiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, collagen, etc.). sports nutrition and weight management
- Reasons and other motivators for taking dietary supplements
- Purchasing factors
- Delivery form preferences
- E-Commerce habits
- Omni-channel shopping habits
- Confidence and trust in industry
- And more
New in 2020:
- Usage of boswellia, lavender, bone broth, 5HTP and theanine
- More data on probiotics—find out why supplement users are taking this ingredient (GI support, general health, immune health, specific health condition, etc.)
- Specific ingredients users are taking to support immunity, mental health, sleep health and energy
- More data on preferred delivery methods
For more information on survey details or purchasing information, Contact Gretchen Powers (email@example.com).
Survey Timelines and Support Information
Interviews were conducted at the end of July 2020. The data is weighted to the U.S. current population by gender, age, education, and ethnicity. The data and additional executive summary from Ipsos is available now.
Interviews were conducted online at the end of August 2020. The data is weighted to the U.S. current population by gender, age, education, and ethnicity. The data and additional executive summary and report PPT from Ipsos are available now.
CRN Member Company Support
The COVID-19 and annual CRN Consumer Survey are self-funded initiatives, meaning CRN member companies pay for the survey data and accompanying executive reports from Ipsos.
Consumer Survey Advisory Committee
CRN member companies who join the advisory committee have the opportunity to review the survey questionnaires. Advisory committee participation requires a minimal amount of time with a request to review the questionnaires, suggest edits, and help draw consensus among the committee.